This is a list of MacOS releases and a brief description of the updates.
July 22, 2019: Apple releases macOS 10.14.6 update with bug fixes
Apple has released macOS 10.14.6, which contains updates to the News+ experience, as well as a minor slate of bug fixes and performance improvements. There is a minor update aimed specifically at fixing a primary issue: a lingering software bug that can affect the performance of the wake from sleep feature. The bug could cause some Macs to not wake from sleep as they should.
June 13, 2019: Apple releases supplemental macOS 10.14.5 update to fix Boot Camp bug
Apple has released a supplemental update to macOS 10.14.5 for the iMac and Mac mini that addresses a bug that prevented a Boot Camp volume from being created on a Fusion drive-equipped iMac or Mac mini.
May 22, 2019: Apple releases supplemental macOS 10.14.15 update for 2018, 2019 MacBook Pros
Apple has released a supplemental update to macOS 10.14.5, specifically for the 15-inch models of both the 2018 and 2019 MacBook Pro. This update addresses a firmware issue for these two T2-chip-sporting computers.
May 13, 2019: macOS 10.14.5 arrives with AirPlay 2 and News+ improvements
Apple has released macOS 10.14.5, which brings the Apple News+ improvements, as well as AirPlay 2 support for sharing photos, videos, and other media directly with an AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV.
March 25, 2019: macOS 10.14.4 arrives with News+ and automatic dark mode support for Safari
Apple has released macOS 10.14.4, which brings the Apple News+ subscription service to the News app, along with automatic dark mode support for sites that support custom color schemes. This update also brings support for Apple's second-generation AirPods.
January 22, 2019: macOS 10.14.3 arrives with bug fixes and performance improvements
Apple has released macOS 10.14.3, the latest update to Mojave with fixes for some bugs and improved performance.
December 5, 2018: macOS 10.14.2 arrives with bug fixes and performance improvements
Apple has released macOS 10.14.2, the latest update to Mojave with fixes for some bugs and improved performance.
October 30, 2018: macOS 10.14.1 arrives with group FaceTime call, new emoji, and more!
Apple has released macOS 10.14.1, the latest update to Mojave with support for group FaceTime calling, more than 70 new emoji, and more.
September 24, 2018: macOS Mojave is live!
Today, Apple launched the official public release of macOS Mojave, which brings dark mode, a new Mac App Store, desktop icon stacks, new Finder and Preview features, more privacy controls, the Home app for Mac, and a whole lot more. If you're wondering what all is new, we've got all the details.
Here's Apple's summary:
macOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience three new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
- Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and centre while controls recede into the background.
- Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
- View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
- Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date or tag using Stacks.
- Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
- Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
- See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
- Rotate an image, create a PDF and more — right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
- Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
- Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
- Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work and Play tabs.
- Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections and videos.
- Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
- Start a personalized station of any artist's music from the enhanced artist pages.
- Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
- Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
- Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
- Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song or video.
- Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
- Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
- Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.
August 28, 2018: Apple releases second supplemental macOS update for 2018 MacBook Pro
The latest update to macOS 10.13.6 addresses reliability and stability issues in macOS running on the 2018 MacBook Pro.
July 24, 2018: Apple releases a supplemental update for macOS 10.13.6 to fix thermal throttling issues in 2018 MacBook Pro
The latest update to macOS 10.13.6 fixes a bug that caused the thermal management system in the new MacBook Pro models to drive down clock speeds under heavy thermal load in a way that was unintended by Apple.
- How to downgrade macOS from Catalina or Mojave to older distro
- Apple quietly updates macOS again to address Zoom’s insecure software in partner apps
- How To Fix A Frozen Mac Whilst Installing a macOS Update
- Apple seeds second beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.6, and betas of watchOS 5.3 and tvOS 12.4 to developers